Casino War is one of the most popular Casino card games because of its familiar style of play and ease of understanding. Bringing back memories of childhood card games, casino war is played basically the same way now as it was then. Typically, there are 6 standard 52 card decks that are used and the cards are ranked just as in poker, with aces being high. The dealer presents a card to both the player and himself and then the winner is the person with the higher card.
Basic game rules
Card Rankings (highest to lowest)
- 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
- All suits are of equal rank
You start by placing your bet. You and dealer get one card face up each.
Decision to War :
Option 1 Surrender : The player loses half of base bet and hand is over.
Option 2 Go to War.
Going to War :
- If the player decide to go to War, then he must place an additional bet which is equivalent to original bet. The dealer will also place the same amount.
- Now the second card is dealt to the player and the dealer. If second card beats the dealer’s second card, then the player wins. The original wager will be a push. If the dealer’s second card beats players’ second card, then he will lose both the bets.
- During the War, if the game results in a Tie then the player will win ‘Super Bonus’ which will be paid 2-1 to the raise bet. The original wager will be a push.
- There is an optional bet called Tie which has to be placed before the first card is dealt and will win 10 to 1 if player’s 1st card matches with the dealer’s 1st card.